Thursday, December 8, 2011

Delivery

Today, I delivered a bag of toys generously donated by one family in our neighborhood.  Thank you for your donations.  I just learned today that 325 kits were used in the last month so the need is certainly still there. 

Another special delivery today was of 13 fleece quilts cut and tied by my son's 6th grade class last week.  I was in charge of a project for their holiday party, and the kids were interested in doing some humanitarian service.  These sixth graders skipped their lunch recess and used a good portion of their designated party time to complete 13 blankets.  I was so proud of them for wanting to help others and then having fun while doing it.  Way to go! 

Just a reminder that the Neighborhood Breakfast is this Saturday at 8:30.  I will be there to collect any donations you'd like to make to help the strong efforts at Christmas time.  Thank you for your continued support of The Heart to Heart Humanitarian Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment